Sunday, April 21, 2013

Happy Earth Day!

Well tomorrow is my first day back to work after mat leave and I'm not sure what state I'll be in on Monday, so my Earth Day post is a day early.

Although I very much agree with the mantra "Everyday should be Earth Day" I do enjoy planning a little something to commemorate the actual day. For Emma's first Earth Day we planted a tree.  Unfortunately, I didn't have anything near as good planned for Dustin's first Earth Day.  


Emma and I made a playhouse out of a cardboard box which is a pretty good example of reuse - and it provided hours of entertainment for her and Dustin.  And then Emma planted some seeds that will hopefully grow on our windowsill.  


And probably my most favorite activity was picking up "litter" around our house this afternoon. I can't wait till the kids are a little older and we can do some real litter collection on our road.  Nothing annoys me more than someone pitchin' their coffee cup or fast food containers out their window. 

 

Of course we separated the recyclables.  Hopefully next Earth Day we'll be able to do something with a little more impact.  Small steps....

Happy Earth Day everyone! 

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment