Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring Has Arrived...Not Really

Little late with my blog post tonight.  I was hosting Mommies Who Read Book Club.  I'll share more about that in another post.  

I know everyone is talking about the weather.  Today was the first day of Spring but not really.  I clearly remember the weather this time last year because I was pregnant with Dustin.  On March 21st, 2012, I posted this picture to Facebook with this comment: 

Really??? March 21st??? And it's this hot? All I have to say is thank goodness for Crocs (only shoes that fit me) and I'm glad this baby is due in May!


 Yesterday (March 19th) I woke up to this:


Hard to believe today was the first day of Spring.  It's true-we are ready for the real Spring to arrive.  For awhile now Emma has been asking to go on her swing.  It finally cleared the snow so we were able to get out for a swing the other day.  Dustin enjoyed it too. I had to borrow Emma's Tinkerbell sunglasses for him. 


While Emma can't wait for Spring so she can have full access to her playhouse and swing set I'm looking forward to Spring so I can get out and tend to my flower gardens.  For a little inspiration and to get me through till the real thing I thought I would share a few pics.  I enjoy gardening and have a vision of what my gardens will look like someday.  And while they may never look like that, I have certainly enjoyed creating them since we built our house in 2006.  



I do believe there are some weeds in the first picture but I just love our barn in the background.  I spray painted an old bike and leaned it up against a tree in our front yard.  I love using old items in my garden.  And Pinterest is full of ideas...like this one...

Source: http://pinkrosesandteacups.blogspot.ca/2011/06/creative-gardening.html
So as I wait for Spring to really arrive I'm just going to sit here and come up with some plans for my garden (and what I really mean by that is Pin things on Pinterest and never do them).  *sigh*  One can dream.

A garden is always a series of losses set against a few triumphs, like life itself.  ~May Sarton


~Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy..this weather... I'm just itching to get out for some nice spring walks... nature is just reminding us of where we live this year. ;) lol

    ReplyDelete