Saturday, February 16, 2013

To Blog Or Not to Blog



I’ve decided to join the world of mom bloggers.  Apparently there is a lot of us out there and I hope to hear from some of you.  An article published by Today’s Parent states that in Canada there are 1,000 to 1,500 influential mom bloggers out there.  Read the full article here.  

While it’s apparent some moms can turn their blogs into a source of income I also think moms turn to blogging as a creative outlet.  Which is what I intend to use mine for. 

My decision to start blogging did not come easily.  First – does anyone care about what I do?  Will I have followers other than my mom?  What will I write about?  Will I have time?  What about confidentiality?   Do I want to put my family experiences out there?  And the biggest thing-how will I be judged? 

I belong to a few “mommy” groups on Facebook and it always surprises me to read some of the comments.  Sometimes us moms are not very nice to each other!  Which I never really understand.  Are we not all trying to do the same thing-provide a safe and loving environment for our families to the best of our ability. What if I start blogging and I'm now the recipient of negative comments? How would I deal with that?

At the same time I was already writing posts in my head.  I would be doing something and take a picture in case I wanted to use it in my blog.  Or I would be thinking "if I had a blog I could talk about this."  So I knew it was time to seriously consider taking action.  After consulting a dear friend and fellow blogger – check her out at Glitterary Girl-I decided to jump on the bandwagon.

So I hope you'll follow me so I can share some of my life experiences with you and in turn you can share yours with me!  Looking forward to connecting with you all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment